Saturday 26 November 2011

November Top Box review

Hallelujah!
My TopBox finally came after a few weeks of MIA (mailed incorrect address) then later taken as hostage for a day at Canada Post.


I thought I was not going to receive it.
Who is TopBox?
Another Canadian company competing with Luxe Box by Loose Button and Glymm Box.
More information on Top Box click on the link.



Cake: Hand Cream - Full Size 3.4 oz @ $18 = sample :)
Deborah Lippman: Nail polish - Full Size .50 oz @ $19.95 = sample :)
Dr Brandt: Eye Serum - Full Size .50 oz @ $85 = sample size .085 oz @ $14.45
Stila: Illuminating tinted moisturizer - Full Size 1.70 oz @ $32 = sample size .17 oz @ $3.20

Total value of the package $55+

I received a *Bonus* deluxe sample because mishap with the mailing address.
The "deluxe" sample is the Caudalie: Premier Cru cream 1.7 oz @ $150 = sample size 0.06 oz @ $5.29
I have already tried this sample from my October Glymm Box.  Unfortunately, the sample is so small, I will be lucky if I can get 2 good uses out of it.  I would say this is a sample, not a "deluxe" sample.  I can't say I like the product and I doubt I will be spending $150 for the bottle.

I have always wanted to try Cake.
The lotion smells like vanilla cake.
I would love to try more of their products :)

My nail polish collection is grow and grow.
Deborah Lippman adds a nice touch to my pre painted nail polish.
Not sure if I will pay $20 for a nail polish.

I will be most like giving the Dr. Brandt Eye Serum to my mom.
It is too bad it does not help the dark circles under my eyes.

I was hoping to try Stila's lip gloss but instead I have the tinted moisturizer.  Am I the only one?  I have read/watched other blogs/youtube videos and so far everyone has the lip gloss.  Very odd.  I tried it and I like it.  I might buy the regular size bottle...

Overall...I am happy to receive my box but I doubt my bonus makes up for the mistake/error/glitch in the system.  However, I am glad that they were working really hard and posting updates to let us know the status of the package.

The Bottom Line:
Experience with my first Top Box - 2/5
Customer Service - 5/5
Products received - 4/5
The surprise - n/a
Favourite product received - Cake lotion

I cant wait for my December box.
I hope it will have a no delivery issues.
Ta ta for now.
:)

1 comment: